A “PSALM” for Nigeria: Chapter 1 to 12 [by Dr. Chris Nwaokobia Jnr]
konknaijaboy | On 17, Dec 2013
1. Lord you are the God of Love, Justice and Truth. You have blessed our nation with huge resources, amazing munificense and riches ineffable.
2. Lord regardless of your great blessing our people have been conquered and impoverished by the rulers.
3. Over 4Trillion naira ($27b) have been stolen in the name of providing electricity since 1999 yet our nation remains in darkness.
4. Lord after wasting the wealth you gave for the good of all on themselves, their women and their families using power as a major conduit, they have sold NEPA/PHCN to themselves and their cronies and today Nigeria wallows in greater darkness.
5. Lord you created light before everything because light is life but the rulers of Nigeria would rather we all die or slave for their families and friends.
6. Lord contend with those who impoverish the people. Let the lives and families of those who for a mess of porridge argue that things are getting better be run like today’s Nigeria.
7. May those who see nothing wrong in the way things are, inherit the same measure of concern and service that governance gives to the people and the nation.
8. May the lives of those who run Nigeria be run like they have ran our energy, healthcare, education and other sectors.
9. May their families now and in the future experience the same tragedies their dereliction of duties and, or outright wickedness has caused the masses.
10. In Your Love O Lord bring an end to this madness.
11. In Your mercy judge all those who have treated the masses unjustly.
12. In Your truth bring all the lying tongues and deceitful spokespersons of government to derision.
13. Show Yourself faithful and strong O Lord for those who put their trust in You according to the scriptures shall not be put to shame.
Our trust is in You O’Lord. Selah!!!
1. Lord from the earliest of times Your purpose for governance is the good of the people; to achieve responsible and responsive leadership thereto is the ballot preferred to the bullet.
2. Lord over the weekend in Anambra State as was the case in Delta State a few weeks ago INEC redefined Politics by massively disenfranchising the people.
3. INEC has devised what is today called scientific rigging; they allow smooth voting in places where the highest bidder is strong, and make it impossible for the people to vote where his opponents will floor him; they call it free and fair rigging.
4. Lord regardless of the enormity of electoral impropriety in the land after 14years of civil rule some argue that it is yet a learning process; they shamelessly call it ‘nascent democracy’.
5. Lord Billions go down the drain anytime elections are conducted and rather than improve on the past INEC gets worse by the day.
6. With the Shenanigans that elections have become in Nigeria, I worry for 2015; Lord come down in Your mightiness and protect Your own against the machinations of politricktians and their apparatchiks as they oil the wheel of mischief for 2015.
7. Lord contend with those who intend to rig elections now or in the near future.
8. May their lives be rigged out of order and their destinies juggled by INEC like the elections they compromise.
9. May their families suffer the pain of botched dreams as they botch the hope of the masses.
10. In Your Love O Lord bring an end to this mess.
11. In Your mercy judge all those who have treated the masses poorly.
12. May joy elude those who impoverish the people.
13. O Lord may the lives of those who for lucre applaud this madness be run like INEC polls.
14. And may it happen to their dreams as they have done the masses’.
Hear O’Lord. Selah!!
1. Lord contend with those who harass and harangue the people; contend with those who loot, pillage and pilfer our collective wealth.
2. Lord let those who massively disenfranchise the people be denied Your mercy.
3. May those who deny the people the promises of democracy meet with Your judgment.
4. Lord as they waste our collective wealth/patrimony with their friends and families may peace and joy elude them.
5. As they plunder our national treasury with women/men of easy virtue hosting parties and buying armoured vehicles whilst the people wallow in pain and poverty, Lord judge them.
6. May their Fuel Subsidy Scam, Kerosene Subsidy lies, Energy Scam and National Security appropriations and misappropriation not pass without Your judgment; Lord may their lives be spent the way they have spent taxpayers monies.
7. Lord suffer not the wicked to brandish his loot unpunished, punish them so our children will fear You.
8. Deal O Lord with those who mock the just; let laughter depart from the homes of those who impoverish the masses.
9. May their families suffer the pain of botched dreams as they botch the hope of the masses.
10. In Your Love O Lord create for us monuments of reference and those of deterrence as You bring calamity the way of looters and make the oppressors of the people a laughing stock.
11. In Your mercy enable a NEW order that must make leadership responsible and responsive to the people.
12. May the trauma that ill rule throws at the people dress the bed of the conceited ruler.
13. O Lord may the lives of those who for lucre applaud and defend mis-rule be governed like the rulers have governed Nigeria.
14. And may Your Love and Truth be our very comfort for evil will not subdue good for long.
Hear my supplication Dear Lord my God. Be magnified, Selah!!
1. Lord the Oil wealth that You generously blessed our nation with has become a curse as Your people in the midst of plenty wallow in poverty.
2. Lord there is a stealing Bazaar in our nation, the NNPC sold $20b from our Crude Oil wells and remitted only $7b what happened to $13 about 2.3Trillion we yet do not know.
3. Lord sadly the Shoeless Kid You made King has become good-luck to looters and Oil thieves.
4. Lord he allows the NNPC to loot our wealth without reprimand.
5. They plunder our national treasury; they buy armoured vehicles at unbelievable costs; our hospitals are below standard such that for headache and fracture they travel overseas leaving the people to die as a result of sub-standard medicare, Lord judge them.
6. As they loot the nation and leave our people in want, may the joy and peace they seek elude them.
7. Lord the Legislature is a bark dog so compromised it can’t bite; for cheque it refuses to check the misdeeds of government.
8. Deal O Lord with those who have messed up our collective values and morals; may they reap what they sow.
9. May their own suffer the pain of botched dreams as they botch the hope of the masses.
10. In Your Love O Lord create for us monuments of reference and those of deterrence as You judge those who loot and oppress the people.
11. In Your grace give us men who shall berth a NEW order and make leadership responsible and responsive to the people.
12. May the wicked not go unpunished O Lord.
13. O Lord may the lives and times of those who for a mess of porridge defend evil be governed like the rulers have governed Nigeria.
14. And may Your judgment be quick O Lord else the vain and the vile make greater mess of our nation and plunge us into war and catastrophe.
Hear my supplication Dear Lord my God. Be praised O Lord. Selah!!
1. Lord our nation is at the precipice yet leadership is increasingly clueless and uneventful.
2. Corruption drives the Nigerian vehicle and the requisite political will to halt her reign is manifestly lacking.
3. Lord the Shoeless Kid You made King condones corruption and gives imprimatur to looting and looters.
4. He allows the fleece and the sleaze in the NNPC and protects the Minister of Petroleum despite the stench from that Ministry.
5. At will do they plunder our national treasury; our hospitals are left comatose whilst they transverse the world in search of good medicare.
6. Lord judge them, may those who loot the nation and impoverish the masses reap what they sow.
7. Lord may the toothless Legislature that allows the rot in governance reap the pain bad leadership throws up.
8. Deal O Lord with those who mess with the future of the young; may joy elude those who leave the youths jobless.
9. May those who toil with our future and posterity reap botched hopes and dreams.
10. In Your wrath O Lord judge those who spend Trillions of naira on national security whilst lives and properties remain unprotected.
11. Lord in Your grace cause men to rise up with righteous indignation to cleanse this mess and make leadership responsible and responsive to the people.
12. May the wicked reap what they sow; may peace elude the greedy and the selfish.
13. O Lord may the lying spokespersons of government at all levels reap the fruit of their deceit and treachery.
14. Lord hearken to my cry lest the wicked mock us saying where is their God.
15. Protect Your own O Lord and may the wicked become the tragic beneficiaries of the ominous script and the catastrophe they weave for 2015.
16. Lord may the expectations of the righteous be made real and TRUE.
Hear my supplication O Lord. Selah!!
1. Lord many gather falsely in your name seeking naught but lucre.
2. They corrupt true worship and make mammon the object of praise; with their lying tongues they deceive the hapless.
3. Lord the Clergy has become the prayer wing of Political Parties and the P.A (Prayer Assistants) of thieving Politricktians.
4. For tithes they encourage looting and corruption; they desecrate the altar by playing host to cultists and corrupt government/public officers.
5. Here religion has become politics; General Overseers politic for lucre, expensive homes and private jets.
6. They have thrown away TRUTH and preach falsehood; they are mercantile and they trade with Your name.
7. Like the false prophets of old and the Seven sons of Skever they prophesy vanity and give looters a false sense of safety.
8. Deal O Lord with those who trade with your name; Judge the Clergy whose motivation is lucre.
9. May those who preach the TRUTH prosper; may they reap what they sow.
10. May those who collect from the poor to build schools the poor cannot afford, be judged.
11. May those who control hundreds of million, billions and trillions BUT showcase charities where pittance are given receive mercy in such measure.
12. May the selfish and greedy so-called Men Of God reap what they sow; judge them for it is written that judgment will begin in the House of God.
13. O Lord may those who give false succour to the oppressors of the masses meet the whip of Christ like HE did to money changers at the temple in Jerusalem.
14. Lord raise to us prophets like Samuel, Amos and Isaiah who shall say ‘WOE to looters and to the oppressors of the poor’.
15. Give unto us Sons of Issachar who will warn about the times and seasons.
16. Lord may the expectations of the righteous not be cut short.
Hear my cry O Lord. Selah!!
1. O Lord our nation has become a laughing stock in the Comity of Nations.
2. Looters have looted our treasury and messed up our collective values and morals.
3. Lord excellence has been torpedoed and governance become a theatre of the absurd.
4. Thieves and looters are hailed and celebrated everywhere including Churches and Mosques.
5. Our nation is now in Darkness, darkness from power outage and darkness occasioned by clueless leadership.
7. Our educational system is in shambles and rather than a peaceful resolution of the ASUU imbroglio, government has threatened to sack Lecturers if they do not return to the classroom.
8. Lord knowing that an educated people will not for long suffer fools gladly, our rulers have decided to destroy the primacy of learning.
9. Lord may those who have conspired to keep our nation in physical, intellectual, spiritual and psychological darkness meet with untold darkness and pain.
10. May those who loot our collective wealth be judged, and may their progeny reap a future of penury and poverty.
11. May those who excuse the mess that governance has become reap the pain of the impending purge that Your anger has decreed.
12. O Lord spare the Just the dangers of the impending purge; may only the wicked reap the sour recompense of their actions.
13. May those who scheme evil for 2015 be consumed now and in 2014; may they not see the beauty that lies ahead.
14. Lord raise unto us prophets like Elijah, Ezekiel and Jeremiah who shall say ‘WOE to the thieves and cursed be those who impoverish the masses’.
15. Give us wise men who will not sell the great future of Nigeria for a mess of porridge.
16. Lord suffer not the wicked to continue to ride roughshod over us and treat us like a conquered people, judge them speedily.
Hear me O Lord. Selah!
1. O Lord our nation is tormented by fear, hopelessness and pain.
2. Looters have looted our treasury and stolen that which otherwise should make life meaningful.
3. Lord court-jesting has been shamelessly elevated to an act and made attractive to the low.
4. Mediocrity rather than excellence is celebrated everywhere including Churches and Mosques.
5. Leadership is clueless and the people seemingly docile, fear has weakened the hearts of our people.
7. Lord the shoeless kid you made king has allowed villains unfettered access to our vaults with mind-bugging and mind-blowing stealing by those who should govern.
8. Our nation is drifting precariously down the precipice as ethnicity and tribalism re-surfaces as the margins of engagement.
9. Lord may those who have consistently ruined this nation be exposed.
10. May those who loot our collective wealth be judged, and may they meet the just recompense of their deeds and misdeeds.
11. May those who excuse the mess that governance has become reap the pain of the impending purge that Your word makes true to wit ‘..whatsoever a man sows that shall he also reap’.
12. O Lord spare the Just the dangers of the impending purge; may the wicked meet with the fate they deserve.
13. May those who scheme for 2015 regardless of the well-being of the masses meet the well of Your wrath.
14. Lord raise unto us prophets like Samuel, Isaiah and Ezra who shall say ‘cursed be the thieves and woe unto those who impoverish the people’.
15. Give to us leaders who will not sacrifice the future of this nation on the altar of greed and avarice.
16. Lord do not allow the wicked to continue to ride roughshod over us and treat us like a conquered people, judge them speedily.
17. Lord show Yourself faithful in our affairs and lead us aright.
Hear me O Lord!
1. O Lord my God I cannot thank you enough for this season as Your grace torments our tormentors and pitches them in a duel of letter writing.
2. Looters are at war with themselves and at daggers drawn.
3. O Lord cause that they continue to expose themselves until a new Nigeria is born.
4. May they continue to smear themselves until a band of patriots seize the moment for the salvage.
5. Save us O Lord from the grip of villains who in villainy rule over us.
6. Lord the shoeless kid You made king and his Godfather the Otta Farmer have parted ways in a manner only You makes real.
7. I see Your hand in the letters being written, the Otta farmer writes ignominious of the three fingers pointing back at him, his failure in power stares him in the face.
8. Lord in his reply the shoe-less kid is exposed as ill-prepared for leadership.
9. O Lord their collective failure has left the nation in darkness this yuletide.
10. As they treat us like a conquered people do not look away O Lord for this is not democracy but ‘demon-crazy’, cause a truncation of this ominous script O Lord.
11. You have blessed our nation so much so may those who have turned Your people to scavengers amidst plenty not find peace.
12. May those who scheme for power un-mindful of the well-being of the poor meet the well of Your wrath.
13. Lord raise unto us prophets like Elisha, Ezekiel and Nahum who shall curse the thieves and bring woe on those who impoverish the masses.
14. Give to us leaders who are willing, ready and able to sacrifice all for the good of the nation.
15. Lord halt the ride of the wicked and redeem us from the grip of vain men who loot resources they do not need in ten live-times, judge them speedily O Lord.
16. Lord show Yourself faithful in our affairs and bring an end to this mess.
Hear my cry O Lord!
1. O Lord accept our profound gratitude for the fortitude and grace You alone gives.
2. May vain men never rejoice over our troubles, show Yourself faithful in our affairs.
3. O Lord expose those who feast on our collective patrimony and cause them pain until a new Nigeria is born.
4. May those who say change is impossible be rudely shocked.
5. Save us from the marauders at night and from the claws of looters.
6. Deliver us from the greed of mean men and the ill-rule of clueless minds.
7. May the shoeless kid and his estranged Godfather the Otta Farmer reap the just recompense of their misdeeds.
8. O Lord show Yourself mighty in our nation, give us the courage to soldier on.
9. May those who steal in the name of fuel subsidy thrive in an emptiness only TRUTH fuels.
10. May those who waste our wealth in the purchase of armoured vehicles find no peace or safety.
11. May those who in the name of democracy impoverish Your people lead ‘demon-crazy’ lives and May Your Angels enable us to exorcise them, for demons need not rule.
12. May those who plundered our resources in funding the energy sector and the attendant scams only to sell same to their cronies be judged by You.
13. May those who allow corruption meet the well of Your wrath.
14. Lord raise unto us prophets like Hosea, Jeremiah and Haggai who shall call Your anger upon the thieves who have stolen the lot of the masses.
15. Give us leaders who must sacrifice all for the good of the nation.
16. Lord redeem us from the grip of villains and lying rulers.
17. Lord show Yourself faithful in our affairs and bring an end to this mess.
18. Raise unto us an army of patriots who must cleanse this stable else this stinking rot continues ad nauseum ad infinitum.
19. Come to our rescue speedily O Lord.
Hear my cry Dear Lord.
1. O Lord as the year 2013 rescinds into history give us the proactive will and the fortitude to face the new.
2. May we have the courage to confront the mercantile Clergy and their mammon/lucre infested homilies.
3. Give us the faith to see beyond the deceit of self-centred and money inspired faith preachers.
4. Dear Lord quicken a proactive spirit in us and cause us to protest against energy vendors and the new owners of the old NEPA/PHCN who present bills for power not consumed.
5. Lord grant that in the new year we do not allow power mongers, night marauders, treasury looters and clueless rulers to have peace.
6. Awaken a revolutionary spirit within us and kill for all times our ‘siddon look’ posturing.
7. May those who impoverish the people find us unwilling to accommodate their Shenanigans anymore.
8. O Lord show Yourself mighty in our nation, give us the strength to torpedo ill-rule.
9. May those who loot our resources find no peace.
10. May those who waste our corporate patrimony be the victims of the soon coming CHANGE.
11. O Lord raise unto us men and Soldiers whose drive is the birth of a NEW NIGERIA.
12. Cause O Lord that we berth the nation of our dreams in the NEW YEAR.
13. And break the hands of wickedness O Lord.
Hear my cry Dear Lord.
1. O Lord accept our profound praise for allowing us this moment in history.
2. Give us the FAITH that conquers FEAR and the resolve to make Nigeria truly great and NEW in the NEW YEAR.
3. Cause a new awakening that shall compel the NEVER AGAIN spirit in Nigerians.
4. Dear Lord raise men who must insist on excellence as the leadership minimum in Nigeria.
5. Lord may peace elude those who conspire against just efforts.
6. Nudge within the ambivalent and the ‘siddon lookers’ a revolutionary spirit that shall locate for our nation the pathway to prosperity.
7. Do not allow the voices of the faithless such sound that may deafen, weary and weaken the willing.
8. O Lord show Yourself faithful as we set out to torpedo ill-rule in Nigeria.
9. May those who pillage our collective till meet the just recompense for thieving, wickedness and villainy.
10. May those who mock the agents of CHANGE see the rude awakening that hovers in their wake.
11. O Lord raise unto us men and Soldiers to whom a NEW NIGERIA is life, and like the Madiba, may the struggle against oppression, injustice and ill-rule be all that matters in the NEW YEAR.
12. O Lord may our prayers and supplication not be in vain and may the wickedness of the wicked be cut short.
Hear my cry O Lord.
Copyright• Dr. Chris Nwaokobia Jnr. (Honorary Professorial Chair in Political Science from Greenhills University, Denmark & a former Presidential Candidate)
Connect with Dr Chris Nwaokobia:
BB Pin: 28F42FF4
Facebook: Chris Nwaokobia Jnr V
Chris Nwaokobia Jnr VI
Twitter: @CNWAOKOBIAJNR, @nwaokobiajnr, @CHRISNWAOKOBIA
Note: No alteration or plagiarism………………